River Road Retreat is a luxurious two bedroom accommodation set amongst beautiful trees, a truffiere and neighbouring vineyards. The Retreat is a haven of seclusion and comfort in a relaxed and inspiring environment. Expansive windows across the front of the deck overlook Mt Arthur and the Western Ranges. One of the region’s oldest Oak trees stands tall over the fields and vineyards. The private garden includes a hot tub for guests. It is heated from wood harvested on our property.
If you value 5-star-style accommodation and comforts River Road Retreat Block is for you. The Retreat is contemporary in design with all the modern comforts one would expect of 5-star accommodation.
The accommodation features spacious open-plan living and dining that takes in the panoramic views of the countryside, vineyard and mountains.
Luxury bathroom & bed
The ensuite bathroom features a walk-in shower, under-floor heating and a selection of luxury toiletries. The heated rail warms the luxurious bamboo towels.
The two bedrooms, one with a king bed with and the other a Queen bed, both feature luxury latex mattresses and have the ultimate luxury in high-quality linens. The bedrooms feature art by well- known artists Toss Woollaston and his daughter Anna Caselburg.
Kitchen Facilities & Breakfast
The kitchen facilities include a fridge, oven, dishwasher, kettle, toaster and gas hobs.
A complimentary organic breakfast is included with a selection of cereals, yoghurts, jams, fresh bread, juice, teas and freshly ground coffee.
Fresh fruits and nuts are available from our trees. Depending on the season we have lemons, cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots, grapefruit, oranges, apples, berries and pears which if not included with your breakfast will be available for purchase.
The large deck has a table and chairs, making it the perfect place to relax and watch the beautiful sunsets over the vineyard and distant mountains. For those who wish to enjoy the evening at the Retreat and eat in, there is a gas barbeque.
- Under floor heating
- Featuring original art works by local and New Zealand artists
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven, gas hobs and dishwasher
- Large open lounge and dining area
- Flat screen TV
- Free wifi
- Iron etc,
- Laundry facilities – on request
- Seifred Cellar door & café 5 minutes drive away
- Vineyards on neighbouring properties
- Peaceful and rural, yet only 7 mins drive from centre of town (Richmond)
- 10 minutes drive to Mapua or Upper Moutere; and 7 mins drive to the village of Brightwater
- Rabbit Island, beach, inlet and wetlands – 7 mins drive
- Waimea River with swimming holes – just over the road
- Cycle and walk ways just over the road – 2mins walk.
- Renown mountain bike trails in the Richmond Hills and nearby.